Buying a new sofa is a big decision because this piece of furniture is often the centerpiece of the living room. Sofas are commonly the most-used pieces of furniture. Choosing a new sofa does not have to be a stressful process if a person knows what they are looking for. With this information, finding the right sofa will be a piece of cake.
How to Choose the Right Sofa
Choosing the right sofa for a living room is an exhaustive and sometimes overwhelming process. Looking at design after design can make a person dizzy with the details. Thankfully, there are some tips that will make purchasing a sofa much easier.
- The frame is one of the most important details of the sofa. If the frame is not fully sturdy, no matter how good the sofa looks, it will not be able to stand up for long. A solid wood frame is an important aspect that should be sought when purchasing a sofa.
- Individuals should avoid purchasing a sofa that is only held together with staples and glue. Frame joinery is an important aspect to consider when deciding on a new sofa. The sturdiest sofas should have double wooden dowels, screws, and metal brackets holding the joints together.
- The springs of a sofa are what give it that bounce and keep the cushions from sinking in and becoming damaged. Eight-way hand-tied springs are of the highest quality and should be chosen over other types of springs which are typically inferior.
- The filling material of a sofa is also important. The foam should be high-density and wrapped in batting. The foam should not be overly hard or soft, so it will provide comfort and support.
- Durable fabrics are a must when choosing a new sofa. Cotton, linen, and leather are all durable materials that will stand up to the test of time and resist damage. These are especially important in homes with children and pets.
Start Buying Today
If you are ready to find the perfect sofa for your home, check out Sofamania. If you would like to read reviews, read them on Facebook. They will help you find the perfect sofa for your home.